The Quotable Lingerista: Elle Macpherson


(Elle Macpherson, supermodel and owner of Elle Macpherson Intimates, above)

Elle put her ambitions of becoming a lawyer aside when she started a successful modeling career in the 1980s. Also a smart business woman, Elle, in partnership with Bendon Limited Apparel, turned her sites to the lingerie market in 1990.

Some savvy quotes by our lovely Lingerista are:
  • “If your wearing lingerie that makes you feel glamorous, you're halfway thereto turning heads"
  • "I wanted so badly to study ballet, but it was really all about wearing the tutu.”
  • “Underwear is such an emotional thing.”
  • “I thank my mother. It's the genes. I don't think too much about it.”
  • "G-strings are uncomfortable. Girls want real knickers now."

I think she's right about real women wanting real knickers! A woman and her lingerie are serious business...I'm serious.

Here's to Elle, enjoying her life and helping make our days a little brighter, sexier and more fun through her lingerie.